I had a video here, but when checking on 5-18-10, Flannel took it off due to copyright claims. Guess you'll have to either hunt it up or buy the DVD as I'm pondering over. It's part of a series of short films called NOOMA with Shells as one of them.
Well, long story short, we get too busy or occupied with little things that could obstruct or virtually prevent us to focus on the one most important thing. So, whenever I say something along the lines of "filling my hands with shells" or "starfish in the ocean", this is what I'm talking about.
A lot of things online may also hinder our focus on the one thing. Even can be used as a metaphor in some cases. We all may know Myspace and Facebook along with numerous other social websites have applications like Mafia Wars, Yoville, even Cafe World to name a few. Honestly, I would say fun that these are, they aren't all that helpful when it comes to dropping our shells.
Another example is an online MMORPG I've been on for the past few months, Wizard101. I can explain this better with my newer blog here. A couple times, I tried creating a second character but just couldn't stay on with it. Then, after that second attempt, I'd finally decided to just stick to the one I've been playing as for the past few months.
So, we gotta learn to say "no" when we've already said "yes". Focus on the one main/important thing that'll take us to the starfish bobbing there in the ocean by dropping these shell fragments we cling onto everyday. This was why when Jesus was in those villages healing people, he said "no" when they wanted him to stay because he'd already said "yes".
Friday, January 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment